VA Hospital Cogeneration Plant San Diego California
SCOPE OF WORK
The VA Hospital cogeneration plant provides continuous power and heat for facility. The control system monitors campus load and provides a load following signal to the turbine generator, it includes a load shedding system to permit island operation of the generator and integrates the turbine and existing boiler control systems into a single operator interface and reporting environment. Dynalectric’s scope included design, installation and commissioning of the control panels and instrumentation to facilitate automatic operation and load following for the central utilities plant.
OBJECTIVES / VALUE DELIVERED
- Automatic equipment modulation to follow the hospital campus load.
- Monitoring and remote starts and stops for skid-mounted equipment.
- Operational and regulatory report generation.
- Campus electrical metering.
- Fault-tolerant design for high availability.